Some evenings just call for indulgence. For me, this usually comes in the form of something creamy, and if it includes garlic then that is just a bonus!
This is one of my quick dinner time treats when I get home from work and really want something on the table within half an hour and requires little effort.
Ingredients for a 2 person portion:
2 garlic cloves
knob of butter
splash of olive oil
200ml double cream
freshly grated parmesan
salt and pepper
1. Cut the bacon into small strips and cook in the butter and oil until coloured to your liking. It doesn’t matter what bacon you choose, streaky, back, smoked, unsmoked..I always choose smoked streaky bacon but use whatever you like best.
2. Once the bacon is cooked to your liking add the mushrooms, chopped, and cook until they have gone tender. Then add the garlic, crushed, and fry in the bacon and mushroom mixture for 1-2 minutes until just soft but not colouring.
3. Add the cream and turn your pan down onto a low heat and bring it to a gentle simmer and turn off the heat. Add plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Creamy delights will always require salt and peppering.
4. Whilst doing step 1-3 have some pasta cooking and once cooked, drain. Add this to the dish with the creamy bacon and mushroom sauce.
5. Serve, and add a little parmesan cheese and, if you like, a little parsley if you have this available.
Can’t get much simpler than this. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Let me know how you get on!